With two little ones under the weather, it's been a fairly low-key few days in our household this week. We did manage a quick visit to Ikea yesterday to collect our 'finally in stock bookcase doors' for our home office / guest bedroom makeover, as well as a drive to our favourite riverside spot on Wednesday to soak up the sunshine and break that house-bound feeling. However, the rest of our week has been rather quiet.
I've been continuing to slowly plough through my 'autumn action list' as well as doing my best to stay warm on these chilly nights in front of the fireplace, cup of tea in hand and laptop by my side, browsing on Gumtree and Etsy for some pre-loved items I'm hoping to find. Here's what I'm after...
1. During 'quiet time' while her little sister naps, Grace often drags a chair into her bedroom as part of her imaginative play. I've decided that a sweet little cane chair for under her window-sill will be well used and have been hunting for a suitable one for some time now.
2. Down the track, I'd like a pretty set of bedside drawers to replace the current ones in Sophie's nursery. A style similar to those above, able to be freshened up with a coat of glossy white paint would be perfect...
3. In Grace's bedroom, the play kitchen she received for her second birthday is used daily. For Sophie's room, which is gradually changing from a nursery to more of a toddler space, I'd also like a play corner. I'd desperately love to find a wooden doll's house that I can transform with a combination of minty green and white paint. The sweet one above is a spruced-up Gumtree find, beautifully made-over by fellow blogger Bianca.
4. When I visit secondhand or antique stores, I immediately head for the crockery section on the look out for cute vintage dishes, utensils and pretty tea cups and saucers. The style and colour of the cafe au lait bowl above is gorgeous and the type of piece I would definitely scoop up.
5. We already have a lovely antique Bentwood chair sitting in our entryway, but I'm now after a second one for our home office, something that can double as a spare seat as well as a bedside table of sorts and a piece that will bring some warmth to the room.
What do you hunt for in secondhand shops? Are you currently searching for any pre-loved pieces?