Friday, May 7, 2010
Party Planning Progress
Hooray! I’m finally back online after being without a computer this week. I’m hoping to catch up on all your lovely blogs over the weekend which I’ve really missed visiting.
With just over a week until Grace turns one, I took advantage of my forced blogging break this week to get on top of the preparations for her birthday party.
So far I have:
• Made and mailed the invites
• Prepared the party favour bags
• Baked and frozen several batches of sausage rolls
• Used Poladroid and printed off Grace's photos for her first year display
• Ordered some paper lanterns
• Prepared some table decorations
This weekend I hope to:
• Do a trial batch of cupcakes (inspired by the ones above from here which we bought last weekend)
• Make a polka dot paper garland
• Sew a birthday crown for the birthday girl
With all these things taken care of, I can use next week to focus on the food and make sure the house is nice and tidy.
As for the birthday cake, I’ve decided to go with the traditional #1 cake which I am hoping to bake and freeze a few days earlier and then ice on the day. Please send any birthday cake advice my way as I am starting to worry a bit about this task! Do you have any hints/tips from your own experiences?