Monday, October 21, 2013

Sophie's Second Birthday



Today is a happy day in our household as it is Sophie's second birthday.  This past year has seen our little one go from baby-faced bub to toddler to little girl...



My darling poppet,

The past year since your first birthday has been such a fun-filled and precious one.  There have been many milestones to celebrate, many sad 'lasts' and many exciting 'firsts... lots of changes, each one of which has made me wish I could slow down time just a little bit and stop you growing quite so fast.

However, as your babyhood has faded away and you've become a little girl, you've blossomed into such a character... a character we all love more and more every day.  You are strong-willed and fiery and prone to the odd tantrum.  But you are also oh-so-lovable and affectionate, showering us with cuddles, kisses and endless "I wuv you' phrases.  You are sweet and caring, have beautiful manners and your speech is very advanced.  You are animated and expressive with a cheeky streak that sees you often up to mischief... and just as you were as a chubby faced baby, you are still a such a happy soul with an infectious smile that brightens up our days and makes us love you all the more as each new day arrives.  You truly have completed our family.

Every night as I tip-toe into your room to check on you, I look down at your precious little face resting on your pillow and I remember fondly back to all those nights I tucked you into your bassinette as a baby... and as I creep back to my own bed, I think about how blessed I am to be your Mummy and how grateful I am that you are mine.

All my love on your second birthday... xx



13 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday little Sophie! She is growing up so fast already look at that cheeky smile ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh happy, happy day sweet Sophie. We've loved watching you grow and blossom via your mama's beautiful blog. Lots of love, Claire & Sassy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw. She is so, so precious, Amanda. And reminds me of Grace in the last photo. She shares her birthday with Mr PB! J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Miss Sophie! Two already, oh my. Wishing you another year filled with happy smiles. Amanda, that photo at the bottom of your post on the left looks so much like my sister when she was young.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your gorgeous Sophie! We have just celebrated Miss O's first birthday and I too wish I could slow down time. They really do grow up so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Sophie!
    Beautiful, heartfelt words from an adoring Mummy.
    Precious - just like you and your darling little birthday girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to Sophie! Such a sweet face she has!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that face!!! I love her scrunched up smile. She looks so cheeky and innocent at the same time - a magnificent combination! Well done mama xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. a happy, lovely week in your house 2
    she's an adorable 2 yo Amanda
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belated Happy Birthday to your not so little one. She's very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful, your words and gorgeous Sophie. May her 3rd year be just as wonderful as her first two years. Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry that I missed your little ones birthday Amanda. Happy belated birthday to your sweet little one, may being two be filled with all things wonderful. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - it really makes my day!!