Friday, February 12, 2016

2016 Portraits: January





"Monthly portraits of my girls in 2015"


Sophie: The thought of my baby girl starting kindergarten brought a roller-coaster of emotions for me in January. In readiness for her first day, I'd been taping a five minute show each morning at the end of the holidays about a little bear preparing for his first time at school, hoping it would help Sophie... I ended up in tears myself after hearing the song in the first episode... "All you have to do is be brave little bear. It's all so new.  Just one little step, for me and you... All your friends are ready to explore with you, just turn and save a wave for me. There's things you have to figure out on your own. But you're never alone, we're always there. Little things can seem so big... take lots of little steps and suddenly you're there. Such a big adventure little bear."

Grace: She would spend hours pottering about on the shoreline if we let her... always content to use her imagination and invent her own games. It makes me so happy to see her enjoy nature and being outdoors.


Joining in with Jodi


3 comments:

  1. It's going to be such a big year for you with both your girls in school x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Fortunately Sophie will only be going 2 days one week and 3 the following (a 5 day fortnight) so for half the week, she'll still be home with me xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous portraits. I love the monthly idea. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - it really makes my day!!