Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Bare Nursery


Having seen the nurseries of other babies in my Mother’s Group over the past few weeks and having been totally inspired by all of the gorgeous kids’ rooms featured on Amanda’s blog Swish and Swanky, I have decided that poor Grace’s room is in desperate need of completion. Even my husband remarked the other day that her room was looking bare. As we didn’t find out if we were having a boy or a girl when I was pregnant, we went for a fairly neutral coloured room with hits of yellow and green. I also didn’t want to go for anything too baby looking as I am keen for her room to be able to adapt as she gets older. I think I need to sort out some more artwork, add some colour to the cot somehow and perhaps get some shelving. Any more suggestions?




6 comments:

  1. Hmm, I'm not up on the latest thing for babies ( not my area of expertise) but I do like the wall decals. On my blog there's a link to Famille Summerbelle - they have some lovely kiddie thigs that might inspire you.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the white base! You could do so much with it - maybe some pictures are a good place to start. Etsy would have heaps of cute stuff! You could even stretch some fabulous fabric over some canvases?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the white looks beautiful. Gorgeous work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda, like you I didn't want the real baby style for my daughter (Sophie 2 1/2) so I bought a lovely oil on canvas by artist Lisa Cox - it is mostly turquoise, pink and a few other colours depicting a little girl in a garden scene - Sophie loves to point out the birds, flowers etc and I'm sure it will be suitable throughout the years ahead. Good luck with your decorating, kind regards Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. More colourful books maybe, the room looks gorgeous as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda..I love what you have done with it so far..the colour scheme is gorgeous..happy and fresh..if you wanted to add anything more to it..I would go with soft furnishings, like some cushions for the poang chair, or a floor rug..or colourful bedding to tie in with the colour scheme...even add a bit of beige or taupe or even throw another colour in there like green..or watermelon orange?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - it really makes my day!!