Saturday, April 17, 2010

Fantastic Find

Image found via here


Thanks for all your anniversary wishes yesterday. Paul came home with a beautiful bunch of flowers and then ended up surprising me and taking me to a different restaurant to the one I thought he had booked. We ended up having a lovely night out at a restaurant called Limones in East Fremantle which I’ve been wanting to try for months.

Onto today’s great find... as per my post on Wednesday, I’ve begun working on Grace’s ‘first year photo timeline’. I liked the idea of hanging little Polaroids, but without actually owning such a camera myself, I was going to make little cardboard versions by trimming photos and backing them on white card. Then I miraculously remembered a link I’d seen in a past issue of Real Living magazine for Poladroid.

This website has a great little program you can download for free that allows you to drag across your normal photos and watch them transform into Polaroids before your eyes – there is even a delay as the picture gradually comes into focus like a real Polaroid picture.

I've gone ahead and transformed twelve photos for Grace’s party to be hung up and displayed. Below is another example of one I tried. Go ahead and have some fun with your own photos…

12 comments:

  1. OMG that is so so so cool! I've already downloaded it and Im having all kind of fun. Thanks for the tip, luv!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowers, how lovely! Thanks for the tip on the Poladroid - I will check it out. I found one called Analogcolor but it's a bit confusing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Love it. Yes I have seen similar sites too, but never really used them. I may just try that. Glad you had a great night out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Anniversary to you and Paul..What a lovely surprise to be treated to a dinner at a new restaurant...makes for a nice change.
    Love Poladroid..found it a few months ago...a great tool to have...hope you have a fabulous Sunday honey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great idea Amanda for Grace's pary. Thanks for the link, this will be fun to do. Happy Anniversary, sounds like it was a truly special day for you to remember and a lovely night as well.
    All the best
    Engracia
    xx
    PS thank you for your kind words in my recent posts, it trully means alot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi mate, happy anniversary for yesterday! Got to love flowers and a surprise dinner, so sweet! The polaroid idea is fantastic, it's going to look fab.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool, I love gadgets like that! I'll give it a try. Look forward to seeing your display..Rxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doesnt it look great, I have tried this before and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks a fun thing to try. I've been trying to master photoshop with Richard's help...so much to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like fun!!

    Thank you very much as well for your lovely birthday wishes xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you had a wonderful anniversary Amanda, it sounds like a lovely evening. I've never seen that link before it's pretty cool, I will have to give it a try. I hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy anniversary Amanda!!! Thanks for sharing this nice link! I didn't knoe this program! I'm downloading it!!!
    Big hugs!
    Vale

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - it really makes my day!!