Monday, October 4, 2010

A Splash of Colour


Happy Monday! I hope you have all had as lovely a weekend as we did. On Saturday we bought our new vegetable planter and got that filled and into position and then in the afternoon, I spent most of my time in the kitchen baking and cooking. Yesterday we celebrated my lovely mother-in-law's birthday by taking all the grandkids for a ride on the Castledare Miniature Railway and then we pottered around the house for the rest of the day.

I am really happy at the moment that after all the recent renovations we've had going on (which have meant we've had endless boxes lying around), I finally have our living areas nice and tidy (just don't step foot in our study!!) The biggest challenge for me in these areas is keeping our huge bench clear as it tends to become a dumping ground throughout the day. I've felt happier this week seeing it free from clutter apart from the little basket I keep at the end of it and now I just need to work on sorting through that more frequently to stop it overflowing.

Also making me happy over the weekend were these pretty blooms I bought. I've never been a huge fan of pink but lately I've been liking it more and more. These flowers really seem to complement the little hints of pink in the artwork on our kitchen walls.

What lovely things did you all get up to over the weekend?




14 comments:

  1. The house is looking gorgeous! We're still renovating..more plastering next..The baby shower looked spectacular too, just beautiful! Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a nice feeling to have the space back to normal and all sorted. those flowers are gorgeous and are doing a very good job of hiding your little basket! my weekend was filled with packing and tidying and cleaning the house ready to come to perth for the week, yay - shops here i come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore ranunculus - they are one of my absolute favourite flowers.
    Yes, well, our kitchen bench is an absolute mess - I am terrible, or should I say excellent at collecting piles of papers!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like those flowers... but I heart anything pink! There are dark, shadowy corners of my home I would die if anyone saw - goes waaaaay beyond a 'little' mess!!! I bet your home is neat as a pin in comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must be nice Amanda to clear some of that clutter away! I have a little basket on my kitchen bench that seems to be always full too!! Our weekend was quite productive and relaxing also. Some gardening, furniture painting and a coffee with my husband in Subi while the kids were entertained by their Aunty. Hope you are having a lovely week with little Grace. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amanda. Your ranunculas are gorgeous, I love the colours:) It sounds like you had a productive weekend and it is always so nice when you are able to pack those boxes away:) Thank you so much for your lovely comments yesterday. It is ALWAYS so lovely to hear from one of my sweetest blogging friends. Huge hugs to you lovely and one for your sweet Grace too ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What pretty flowers! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely flowers as they always are. Always brightens up my day. Have a beautiful day! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty flowers, I bought some of these a few weeks ago as they've just come into season. Oh a tidy home, it relaxes the soul don't you think? Our bedroom needs a big overhaul every week - we just get so lazy and struggle with the lack of space in a bid to keep our living area clean and tidy! Glad to hear the renovations are going well. Have a lovely day!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aanunculus are the most adorable flowers. I keep looking for them in my regular store, but I never seen them :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all stopping by - I always appreciate you taking the time to comment x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on completing the renovation! When we receive our boxes after we move, I keep working until I no longer see them, so I know what you went through! It's a good idea to have a basket. We also have a dumping ground. I have to keep reminding myself that I have to keep going back to sort them through. I love your flower. I'm the same way as you are. I was never a huge fan of pink although I find pink pretty, too. Your flowers must look pretty in your house! Like Nina I want to find them, too, but I don't see them in Indonesia. Kaho

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are totally one of my favourites, these or hydrangeas. Stunning.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. These flowers look just beautiful. I always enjoy having flowers around the house they always make me happy. I hope you have a wonderful weekend sweet lady. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - it really makes my day!!