Monday, April 16, 2012

A Night Out And An Anniversary



Today is our seventh wedding anniversary, seven years of being blessed by having such a wonderful husband.  When I think back to our wedding day, I think about how young we both were back then and about how much has happened since...  about how we've grown as individuals and as a couple and how I am so thankful to have had someone as supportive as Paul by by my side through the good and bad times we have both faced.  I am so happy we get to share this life of ours together.  

We don't have any special plans tonight but hopefully in a few weeks, we can go out to a nice restaurant together and celebrate.  Normally Monday is our hectic night when Paul heads to the gym and I battle with the full-on 'tea, bath, bed routine' myself.  However, tonight he's going to stay home and help out with the girls and we'll get takeaway - a perfect present in my eyes.  I'm going to make us a yummy dessert as a special treat. 


On Saturday night however, Paul and I did go out.  We had our first night out without the girls since last September, back before Sophie was born.  It was my '30th Birthday Package' Paul had organised for me.  We started with an early dinner at The Olive Tree and then headed to the Burswood Theatre where Paul had bought tickets to Mary Poppins.  The thing I appreciated most about this gift of Paul's was that he didn't mind taking me to see a show which was something he wasn't all that keen to see himself.  However, we both loved the show.  Our seats were so good - three rows from the front- I could see every expression on every actor's face!  It was an amazing production - great actors, wonderful music and fantastic sets and props.  We left humming songs all the way home in the car.

Anyway, I'm off to prepare a chocolate self-saucing pudding... see you back here Wednesday for a few little giveaways I have planned.  Thanks also for all your kind comments on my post about Grace's bedroom - I appreciated each and every one of them!

28 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! It sounds like you are blessed to have each other :)
    What a wonderful birthday gift. I'd have loved to have seen that production, I'm not surprised you loved it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sarah, you would especially love it! The sets and costumes were phenomenal and the way they changed so well between scenes blew me away!

      Delete
  2. happy anniversary! mary poppins sounded terrific -- what a lovely husband you have to go with you even though it probably wasn't something that he would have chosen to go to. i have a friend that went on saturday night and she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul didn't even know the storyline and to be honest, I'd forgotten a lot myself but we BOTH thought it was a wonderful production. We're eager to find out what's coming next to Perth now :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you guys..had to have a chuckle as " take away" was exactly what pete and I did a few weeks ago for our anniversary...Thai...was nice to not have to cook...but it certainly made you realise how much more you enjoy and appreciate the simple things..when you dont get to do it as much. Still waiting for our night out...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH happy birthday & happy anniversary, how exciting!! What a gorgeous bride you made, wishing you 70 more years of happiness together, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday! Your Saturday night out sounded fantastic! I would have loved to see Mary Poppins. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary!!

    Glad you enjoyed your date night too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahaha, this is EXACTLY how we celebrated our first anniversary, hilarious!
    : D (Tim was also reluctant but loved MP too)

    (And wowsers you guys were babies when you married!)

    congrats : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't takeaway the most wonderful invention ever!
    Happy anniversary and belated birthday wishes Amanda.
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary!!! What a lovely 30th present, sounds like you had a great night :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well happy anniversary, Lovely! I am so glad you marked it - the style of so doing becomes so *relative* once you have littlies, doesn't it? J x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very happy anniversary to the two of you. I really love the way you two celebrated, simple but so nice to just be together. Your date night sounds like it was lovely and those seats too would have made the experience quite special too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary to both you and Paul. He is a very thoughtful husband and your night out seeing Mary Poppins sounds wonderful. Hope you are enjoying the night together. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 7th wedding anniversary! And happy 30th birthday! You are a super blessed lady! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary to you both and a belate happy birthday Amanda :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations to you both you are one of the lucky ones to find your true love early on. And a take away dinner and no dishes sounds like a perfect night in to me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What A lovely post Amanda , Happy Anniversary to you both. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. happy anniversary! and sooo lovely of paul to take you to the show. what a sweetheart :)
    p.s that takeaway in sounds like a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a fabulous anniversary congrats and what a great 30th gift, I do love shows........and off to see bedroom haven't seen it yet fun

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary!! So glad you were able to have a special evening together just the two of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Amanda, Happy Anniversary, It's Anniversary festival. Mine last week, and Hazel's over at the 'Hut Chronicles last week as well' cheers here's to our very happy days! xxx Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy anniversary! sounds like you have yourself a keeper! what a gorgeous present both for your birthday and anniversary! Happy birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy anniversary! Don't you hate those days with the other half is not home to help with the dredded dinner / bath / bed hours! I spend the whole day stressing about it. So glad you loved mary poppins. I saw it last year with some girl friends and was almost crying with joy at the end i Loved it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A belated happy wedding aniversar Amanda and Paul!
    I'm so jealous you got to see Mary Poppins, I really wanted to see it when it was in Sydney and everyone raved about it. When I suggested it to G he just rolled his eyes - he hasn't even seen the movie can you believe it! So Paul gets huge brownie points for taking you :)
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love that you hummed songs on the way home - so cute x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy birthday! and happy anniversary x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - it really makes my day!!