Monday, February 4, 2013

A Few Blogs Inspiring Me Lately


Today I wanted to encourage that community spirit of blogging and share with you some of my favourite spaces to visit… blogs that inspire me, that draw me in with stunning photography or that captivate me with beautifully woven together words…




Claire is such a positive, encouraging and honest blogger whose attitude for ‘living a full life’ is infectious.  Tales of her days with the adorable Ella and Ryder are ones I can relate to so well and the way she shares her journey of motherhood is always inspiring.  I am so glad to have crossed paths with such a lovely soul who is now someone I consider a dear friend…



Maya’s is a blog I only discovered a few months back.  Covering house tours, DIY projects and other interiors related topics, reading her blog allows me to indulge in my love of decorating in a format that is professionally written and yet completely down-to-earth at the same time.  If you’re a fan of home decorating and lifestyle magazines, be sure to visit Maya’s space…




Lou’s blog never ceases to amaze me with its stunning photos and each and every time I read her posts, I find myself wishing I knew how to use my camera more easily in manual mode.  A professional photographer, Lou has that way of capturing moments, expressions and personalities so beautifully and each post of hers leaves me eager for the next. 



The blog of professional organizer Annie is another recent addition to my reading list, but one whose posts I've found so helpful and inspiring during my recent de-cluttering mission, that I'm slowly working my way back through them.  Annie blogs about organization in the home, creating a serene space, decorating ideas and tips for maintaining a simple, stress-free way of life.




I first discovered Claire’s blog when we were both pregnant the year before last.   Since then, I’ve delighted reading about the way she has embraced motherhood  – I find her attitude and her approach heart-warming and her space is one that always feels welcoming to her readers.  Her posts highlighting simple daily pleasures are among my favourites, reminding me to stop and appreciate such moments in my own world.  



Lately, I’ve been thinking more consciously about what goes into and onto my body.  Kristy’s blog is one that shares achievable ways for doing both naturally with a whole stack of healthy recipes, beauty products and ideas about living a healthier life.  Her photography skills are also amazing. 


I’m sure many of you are already familiar with these gems above, but if not, be sure to stop by their corners of blogland and say hello…


Image #4 Photo Credit:  Helynn Ospina via Em Design Interiors
All other images above are by the authors of the correspinding blogs


15 comments:

  1. Gosh, I'm not familiar with these so I must take a look! I've really felt like blogland is a bit of a ghost town for me lately - it just seems so quiet - so it would be nice to connect with some new blogs :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't come across many of these either, they sound great! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for providing links to these blogs Amanda. I rarely have a chance to go and "find" new-to-me blogs and look ford to checking them out. Any tips on organisation would be very welcome in these parts :-) Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh lots of lovely new blogs to obsess over!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thank you my dear friend. As one of my favourite bloggers and new-found friend, I felt so proud to see my blog's name here in this post! THANK YOU!!
    There is some other blogs here that I don't follow, so I'm off to stalk now :)
    Wishing you an awesome week.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh some ones I know and love on that list and some other ones I will check out. I keep adding to my blog roll and find it hard to keep up with it but I just can't resist a chance to dip into a new blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Amanda - thank you! I was just thinking about you today - had such an uninspiring day and I thought tonight I will spend the evening relaxing while I read my favourite blogs... went to yours and oh my goodness, I recognise that table! Hahaha - that was such a nice surprise - thank you! You've also given me some beautiful new blogs I'd never encountered before to add to my bookmarks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I surprised you :) Your blog is definitely among my favourites too and so very suited to my interests x

      Delete
  8. Wow some stunning blog there that I have to check out. I love this space too. Thanks for sharing..xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for introducing me to some great new blogs and reminding me of some lost and forgotten xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh lovely Amanda. Thank you for including me in this list (I feel very honoured). I'm so glad you like the simple pleasures posts, I thought they might have been a bit indulgent - but I love the challenge of trying to take more photos and improve my skills...I've always found your blog to be a delightful, cheery space - and I admire the variety in your posts. I also find you to be so embracing of all in the blogging community - you write such thoughtful and genuine responses to others' post, always kind and supportive x
    ps. I'm so excited to explore some new blogs...and it's tempting to do it now, but I really have to pack for a little coast trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome list Amanda - and thank you for including me in it! Being encouraged by readers is what keeps me inspired to continue doing what I'm doing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm always on the look out for lovely new blogs! Which is why I'm loving the 52 series (and how I came to discover yours .... hello!). Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have chosen some lovely blogs Amanda I have got quite a few of them in my reader already but there are some new lovely ones to go and visit now. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - it really makes my day!!