Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Nod To Australiana


Image above by Everingham & Watson


I've been finding myself drawn to homewares with an Australiana twist over the past few weeks. Gum leaves and blossoms, sprigs of wattle and anything in hues drawn from the colour palette found right outside our windows is catching my eye.

In my aim to simplify our living space, it seems I have a desire to bring more of the outdoors in... to add touches of greenery, to make use of more natural materials and textures like wood and pottery and to fill our home with little snippets of our surroundings at every opportunity. Even the scents I've been drawn to are those with undertones of eucalytpus, tea tree and sandalwood.


Image above by Mango Frooty


This print above (the full image can be seen at Mango Frooty) is currently on my wishlist.  I'm just trying to decide on where it will fit best before I make a purchase.  I'm picturing it paired with a lovely timber frame.

What type of homewares or colours have you been drawn to lately?


For a whole plethora of homewares and products with a stylish nod to Australiana, check out the Everingham & Watson website.
I have one of their hurricane lanterns on my wishlist...


13 comments:

  1. I love that print! I hope you end up buying it for your home. Would love to see it hanging on your wall, Amanda!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a beautiful wooden frame in mind... just need to decided which room it bests suits...

      Delete
  2. These look lovely Amanda. Love the gum leaves. I'v been drawn to Australian wild flowers lately xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice, amanda! I am in a constant flux between nostalgic kitsch whimsy and contemporary minimalist. that might be why I blog about rooms! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I like this print a lot. I love bringing the outdoors in - green is my favourite colour as well as other earthy tones that I can see from my windows. Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teals, greys and yellows are a lovely combination. Your wattle in the teal vase with the red pot is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was my styling Carol but it's actually by the ladies at Everingham & Watson... such a lovely image :)

      Delete
  6. love these images! that print is beautiful.

    rachel xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just saw your proteas too on your latest post which I adore!

      Delete
  7. That's a nice idea Amanda. While I am a blue and white girl at heart, I really do appreciate a natural colour palette :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too am a bowerbird, drawn to all things blue... which is why I've been surprised to be drawn towards different colours as well lately...

      Delete
  8. I love "your" gum tree print - I would frame it in white for my walls but timber will look fab!!
    That top image is beautiful - I'm always dragging bits of my garden (and the neighbours) inside to pretty things up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That first photo is stunning. We do have some beautiful flowers here in Australia don't we. I love your hurricane lamp you have on your wish list. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - it really makes my day!!