Friday, July 29, 2011

Two New Blog Gems


If Paul ever wanders into the study when I’m on the Internet, he often complains that I have too many windows open on the screen at once. It’s not uncommon for me to have eight or nine windows on the go. You know how it happens - a blog you’re reading posts a link to another amazing blog which leads you down another path where you discover something else amazing and so on. Today I thought I’d share some of the lovelies I’ve recently come across.



A Spoonful of Sugar is a fantastic source of inspiration, tutorials and recipes for all things crafty and homely. Lisa and Sarah are a mother-daughter blogging team from Perth and as I read back through their older posts, I found myself bookmarking ideas one after another. The fabric covered noodle box above for example is very cute and something I’d like to try and the gorgeous aqua and red quilt Lisa made definitely caught my eye.



Having been working on Grace’s quilt lately and searching for inspiration, I came across Amy’s blog, nanaCompany. She describes herself as a homebody who looks for the beauty in everyday life. I enjoy seeing the projects she is working on and browsing through the Flickr collages she puts together.

Have you discovered any great new blogs recently?



Images #1 and #2 via A Spoonful of Sugar
Image #3 via nanaCompany

17 comments:

  1. I love the fabric covered noodle box and the patch work pillow with the pom poms on the outside, both gorgeous and would look great in Gracie's room! Thank you for your lovely comment today my friend.
    Have a lovely weekend - we're off to the little animal farm tomorrow, all booked in thanks to your inspiration :)
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay Janette! Hope Will enjoys the animal farm as much as Grace did :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi sweetie thank you.i just had a look at both blogs and i love them both very creative and inspirational..thank you :) xx
    p.s thanks for stopping by today it was so nice to see you over my page..have a great weekend and hope the weather doesn't get to bad for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous inspiration in all these pics, Amanda! I can see why you would be bookmarking away...very talented ladies! I am off to have a look, thanks so much for sharing your beautiful blog finds! I have found lots over the last two weeks... nearly all of them teaching blogs, but very inspiring!! PS: Dave is back this morning and he is out in the shed, extracting a certain bedhead :) Wishing you a wonderful weekend ~ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. great finds, possum! How is the quilt coming along?? x Nic

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pom pom cushion is so sweet. I think I feel a trip to Spotlight coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tina - very exciting, can't wait to see it!

    Nicole - I was making HEAPS of progress this morning with Grace's quilt, sewing together all the little squares, only to have my silly sewing machine decide to pack it in half way through!! So it's off to be serviced and in the meantime, I'm trying to look at this as a positive and get some housework done :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I multi blog too, it's speedy & fun, only way to roll as a busy mummy. So much talent out there in blog land, i'm so glad i got back into it start of last year, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the inspiration Amanda, gorgeous blogs......can't wait to see the quilt progress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely to find another WA blogger! Thanks so much for linking to us:)

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do the same thing - last night I believe I may have had twenty different windows open! Checking out these blogs now.

    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I always have many tabs on the go at once. Off to check out that nanacompany now :) Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for the shout out, Amanda. I'd be devastated if my sewing machine conked out on me, but then I'd probably finally go get a new one. Not a bad idea... ;) cheers! xo amy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous post Amanda and well done for starting your own project.....I love the noodle boxes....
    Thanks for checking in on my blog I am enjoying being back blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do love finding new blogs to be inspired by, there are so many wonderful ones out there and you've found some beautiful ones. Have a wonderful week Amanda. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am on a new blog finding bonanza at the moment - mostly through all these fabulous new Linky parties I've only just discovered.

    Love the first picture - looks like a Cath Kidston style print

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely links, thanks Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - it really makes my day!!